高一英语课件：Unit16 Language Points_图文
1. Why should students be careful smelling from bottles? 为什么学生在闻从瓶子里冒出来的气味时要小心？
about/of sth. 对…小心注意
with sth. 对…小心仔细
(not) to do sth. 注意(不)做某事 that clause 做某事小心 wh-clause 做某事小心
(in) doing sth. 做某事小心
C.f. Be careful of & be careful with
“Be careful of” refers to something that is outside your control and is a danger:
Be careful of the traffic when you are out. “Be careful with” refers to something that is in your control and needs care: Be careful with that bag. It’s full of broken glass.
People should be careful about the things they say.
大家对自己说的话应该谨慎。 She is careful about /of her food. 她很注意饮食。
=She is careful (about/of) what she eats.
Be careful that the medicine is kept away from children. 要小心把药放在安全的地方，不要让小孩拿到。
Translate: ① 那花瓶很贵重，要小心处理。
You must be careful with the vase; it’s valuable.
② 外出时要注意交通安全。 Be careful of the traffic when you are out.
③ 跟这样的人打交道要小心。 Be careful (in) dealing with such people. ④小心别打破杯子。
Be careful not to break the glass.
or: Be careful (that) you don’t break the glass.
2. What is to be done when something gets into your eyes? 眼睛进了东西，该怎么办？
“be+to do”结构表示安排、命令、职责、义务、 目的、用途、可能性、命中注定等。 E.g.
We are to meet at the school gate. (安排)
You are to be back by 10 o’clock. (命令)
I am to inform you that the meeting will be held in Hangzhou. (职责)
A knife is to cut with. (用途)
They were never to meet again. (命中注定)
3. It’s fast and clean and it does not make any noise, as planes do. 它又快又清洁, 不会像飞机那样产生噪音. as conj. 像…一样 e.g. She is a fine singer, as her mother used to. 像她妈妈过去一样, 她是个很好的歌手. He broke the school record in the 100-metre dash, as his father did 25 years ago.
4. We should make more use of this new technology. 我们应更多的利用这项新技术.
make…use of 利用 Translate: ① 你该好好利用这次机会。 You should make the best use of this chance. ② 他利用闲暇时间学习法文。
He makes use of his free time to learn French.
③ 他们开始考虑如何利用这一种材料。 They began to consider what use could be made of such a material.
5. It is good for the economy. 对经济发展有好处。 be good for 对…有益 be good to 对…友善 Translate: ① 牛奶对你健康有益。 Milk is good for you/ your health. ② 孩子要什么就给什么, 这对他们并无益处。 It is not good for children to give them everything they want. ③ 这位老板对雇员很好,尤其是当他们生病时。 This boss is good to his employees， especially when they are ill.
6. Having realized that I could use a kite to attract
lightning, I decided to do a experiment. 我意识到可以用风筝来吸引闪电，于是决定做个实验。
having done 是现在分词的完成时，在句中做时间或原因 状语， 表示的动作发生在谓语动词所表示的动作之前。如：
Having noted down our names and addresses, the policeman dismissed us. 那警察把我们的名字和地址记下之后，就让我们走了。 Translate: ☆她在这个城市住了20年了，对城市很熟悉。 Having lived in the city for 20 years, she knows it quite well.
Can you make a sentence using this pattern?
7. The kite flew high in the rainy sky,… 风筝在雨空中飞得很高, …… 句中high是副词。在英语中，有些形容词变化出两 个副词，即：与形容词同形和形容词后加-ly。这两 种副词的意思异同关系有三类： ① 意思相似。例如：quick－quickly； ② 意思相近。例如：wide－widely；high－highly； deep－deeply；close－closely。 注意：与形容词同形的副词一般解释具体的概念。 而形容词后加-ly构成的副词一般解释抽象的概念。 e.g. The door opened wide and people came streaming out.
The drug is widely used in the treatment of cancer. ③ 意思不同。例如: hard－hardly 8. I was beginning to think that the experiment
would not work. ① 比较begin to do与begin doing: ⅰ 含义上没有多少差异. 如果谈论一个长期的习惯动作 开始养成时, 更常用begin doing。例如： How old were you when you first began playing the piano? ⅱ 当begin后面跟understand, realize, see, know, think等动词时, 用begin to do。例如: She began to think she was wrong after a second thought.
ⅲ 当begin为beginning形式出现时, 其后跟to do.如: Are the farmers beginning to sell apples? ② work在此句中的意思是“起作用; 行得通; 奏效”。 More e.g. The medicine seems to be working. Will your method work? Your idea won’t work in practice.
9. Tie the corner of the handkerchief to the points
of the cross, and you will have a nice strong kite.
① tie… to “把……绑在……”。 例如： The farmer tied the horse to a tree. (Similarly, we say “fasten…to” and “fix…to”.)
② “祁使句+and+陈述句”结构中，祁使句表示条件， 陈述句表示结果。上述句子相当于If you tie the corners of the handkerchief to…, you will…。 另外，“祁使句+or+陈述句”结构表示：If (not)…, (you) will…。 例如：
Work harder and you will find it not difficult to learn. Hurry up, or you will be late. Translate: 穿过这个大门，你会发现右边有家书店。 Go through the gate, and you’ll find a bookshop on your right.
10. This ribbon, which must not get wet, will protect you from the electricity. 这条丝带不能弄湿，它保护你不触电。 比较：protect…from… 保护…不受…（伤害） prevent…from… 防止/阻止…（做某事） Translate: 戴顶帽子，免得被太阳晒着。 Wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun. 他抬起胳膊以护着脸部不被打着。 He raised his arm to protect his face from / against the blow. 这场大雨阻止了他们外出。 The heavy rain prevented them from going out.
11. Take care that the string does not touch the wall or the door. 注意不要让线绳碰到墙壁或门。 take care （＋that…/ to do）注意；小心 take care of 照顾；爱护； Take care that you don’t spoil your clothes. =Take care not to spoil your clothes. 当心不要把衣服弄脏。 Take care not to smoke too much. She stayed at home to take care of the baby. Who takes care of the pet? Please take care of your health.
the pros and cons
the advantages and disadvantages of…
a high-speed maglev train
a waste of money
bring people more comfort
make important discoveries
conduct a number of experiments
use a kite to attract lightning
build a strong kite
fly high in the rainy sky
get / become charged
bring … close to the key
把 … 靠近钥匙
feel a light but clear electric shock
build the frame of the kite
add a tail to the frame
tie a string to the cross
fix … to the top of
把 … 固定在… 顶部
● ● ●
protect … from the electricity
take care that
come over the kite
the electricity from the cloud
be wet from the rain
conduct the electricity