第一节 语法和词汇知识（共 20 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 20 分） 从 A、B、C 、D 四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 1. Holiday is ______ time for leisure. But making good use of ______ time is not an easy task for most people. A. the; the B. a; the C. the; a D. 不填; 不填
2. — You couldn't have done a better job for me, Jack! — Thank you, Mr. White. ______. A. That's all right C. I can't agree with you more B. I'm sorry you don’t like it D. I'm glad you like it so much
3. — I’m fed up with this rain. How I wish to go hiking this weekend! — Forget it. I’m afraid the wet days will _____. A. hold up B. keep up C. take up D. turn up 4. In order to keep healthy, he _____ an hour every day to take exercise. A. set up B. sets down C. sets aside D. set out 5. It is believed that high achievers work toward personal standards of excellence ______ material rewards. A. other than B. or rather C. rather than D. or else 6. — So you missed the meeting． — ______. I got there five minutes before it finished. A. Not at all B. Not exactly C. Not especially D. Not really 7. With the debt problem worsening, it is going to be a ______ test for EU to help Greece out of trouble. A. tough B. smooth C. distant D. private 8. When you decide to start a family, you make a/an ______ to them. You shouldn’t turn your back on the people who love you. A. contribution B. commitment C. devotion D. effort
9. Look, _____ fashionable clothes is she wearing that all the eyes are fixed on her! A．so B．such C．how D．what
10. The answer is connected with the main use ______ the body makes of food— to supply the energy for movement. A. where B. why C. what D. that
11. If you ______ a fresh mind for an interview, be sure to have a good sleep the night before it. A. will have B. have had C. are having D. are to have
12. ______ healthy, with easy access to affordable medical care, is still a dream for many people, with medicine price ______ sharply. A. Keeping; rise C. To keep; risen B. Keeping; rising D. Having kept; to rise
13. The 30th Olympic Games, ______ between July 27 and August 12 in 2012, will take place in London. A. scheduling C. scheduled B. to schedule D. to have scheduled
14. You have to balance the advantages of living in the country ______ the disadvantages. A. for B. to C. against D. with
15. Nobody can achieve anything of real significance _____ he works very hard. A．if B．unless C．meanwhile D．as
16. People are advised not to drive after drinking, but ______ seems not to help a lot. A. it B. which C. they D. one
17. Mary ______ my letter; otherwise she would have replied before now. A. has received B. ought to have received D. shouldn’t have received C. couldn’t have received
18. — Can Jeremy Lin lead New York Knicks to win the next game? — Out of the question now. He ______ to do so, but he has just hurt his leg. A. would expect B. has expected C. was expected D. is expected 19. It is an abundance of cheap goods and quick delivery service ______ account for the fact that the number of Internet shopping on this website is four times ______ it was last year. A. that; that B. which; what C. what; that D. that; what 20. The terrible earthquake took place early this month ______ three southern countries meet. A. where B. when C. that D. which 第二节 完形填空(共 20 小题；每小题 l.5 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选 项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 My husband and I insisted that our children were old enough to clean their rooms and make their beds. But they thought 21 . My complaints, even self-justified（自有道理） 22 , were always landing on 23 ears. Very often a whole hour’s scolding would end with their 24 into tears. I felt very frustrated. I realized I needed to 25 my method of ―mothering‖.
One day when they were at school, I spent some time tidying their rooms. On their desks, in plain 26 , I left the cards: ―Dear Bill(the other card was 27 to Sarah), your room was messy this morning and I’m sure you like it clean. Love, the Room Fairy.‖ 28 arriving back, the children were 29 excited to receive the little note from the Room Fairy. The next day, their rooms were fairly tidy. Sure enough, there was another note from the Room Fairy 30 for them, thanking them for their nice ―gift‖ of a clean room and 31 asking them to play a certain violin 32 . Each day, thank-you notes would be written differently to keep the ideas 33 ． Sometimes the Room Fairy would propose a little 34 : ―If you can finish your homework and go over your lessons before dinner, I’d like to watch a particular television program with you tonight.‖ Sometimes some colored markers or other little items would be left in 35 of well-done jobs the day 36 . 37 I can’t remember how long ―the Room Fairy‖ continued leaving her love notes. When they were age appropriate, we used various versions of Post-Its （贴条）. The bathroom mirror became the 38 centre of our home. Appointments, notices about visiting relatives, lesson schedules, and changes in plans could be 39 . We all benefited from and 40 the idea of sharing reminders and daily details of life through notes. I believe the true advantage of the Room Fairy notes survives in our frequent and enjoyable communication． 21. A. different B. not C. negative D. same
22. A. crying B. shouting C. persuading D. beating 23. A. side 24. A. crying 25. A. adjust 26. A. sentence 27. A. sent 28. A. As B. read B. At B. deaf C. neither B. bringing B. adopt B. words D. either D. dropping D. addict D. sight
C. bursting C. access C. speech
C. delivered C. In B. rather than B. waiting B. friendly B. song
D. addressed D. Upon C. no more than D. other than
29. A. more than 30. A. asking 31. A. politely 32. A. music 33. A. respectable 34. A. challenge 35. A. response
C. praying C. gently C. piece
D. expecting D. toughly D. tone
B. uninteresting B. question B. answer
C. incredible D. fresh C. suggestion D. advice
36. A. ahead 37. A. Actually 38. A. life 39. A. sent 40. A. learned
B. before B. Even so B. main B. struck
C. over C. Even if
D. ago D. Though
C. memory C. posted
D. reminder D. hanged C. shared D. thanked
第二部分 阅读理解(共两节，满分 50 分) 第一节 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中，选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上 将该项涂黑。(共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分) A It is common and usual to see people freak out when they face challenges in their life. We all pass in different life problems and challenges. No one is free of life problems. Only a dead man faces no problem. As long as you are alive, challenges are everywhere. How do you face problems and challenges in your life? Problems and challenges are the building blocks of your personality. They make you who you are. Besides, whether what happened in your life builds or destructs you depends on how you look at it. If you take your problems as troubles, they will be troubles and may cause destruction. If you take them as constructive tools, you are going to be built up on them. Problems are everywhere. No one can avoid them. And they are good too. They open up a different look and opportunity if you are willing to see. When you face troubles, do not frustrate or freak out. Just cool yourself to think in a different direction. Think in a positive way. Every problem has its own good as well as bad sides. Focus on the good one. Look at the bright side. Besides, there is always a good person, perhaps your mom or dad, or one of your friends, right beside you who can turn everything into your best if you are willing to turn to them. No matter what happens?, they will be there to help you. Trust them and they will never let you down. All you need to know is that you are loved wherever you are. 41. What’s the meaning of the underlined phrase ―freak out‖ in Paragraph 1? A. Feel shy. B. Stay calm. C. Keep up. D. Feel upset.
42. In Paragraph 2, the writer implies that ______. A. problems cause troubles C. challenges can be avoided B. attitude is everything D. personalities are built on failures
43. According to the last paragraph, when we're in trouble, we ______. A. can only depend on our parents C. should only believe ourselves B. are not alone D. are not confident
44. What’s the writer’s purpose to write the passage?
A. To encourage. B
B. To compare.
C. To prove. D. To explain.
Cancer is feared by everyone. And there is more and more fear about cancer. Not the disease itself — there is no such thing as a high incidence rates(发病率) of cancer. Except for lung cancer, mostly caused by cigarette smoking, the incidence rates are not on the rise. However, some kinds of cancer are decreasing. But the fear of cancer is catching, and the country stands at risk of an anxiety. The earth itself is coming to seem like a huge carcinogen(致癌物). The ordinary, more or less, scientific statement that something between 80 and 90 percent of all cancers are due to things in the environment is taken to mean that none of us will be safe until the whole environment is ―cleaned up.‖ This is not at all the meaning. The 80-percent calculation is based on the unthinkable differences in the incidence of cancer in various societies around the world — for example, the high incidence of liver cancer in Africa and the Far East, stomach cancer in Japan, breast cancer in Western Europe and North America, and the relatively low figures for breast cancer in Japan and parts of Africa and for liver cancer in America. These data show there may be specific environmental influences, but largely based on personal life-style, which determines the incidence of various forms of cancer in different communities — that is all the data suggest. The overall incidence of cancer, counting up all the cases, is probable roughly the same everywhere. 45. According to the passage, the incidence of cancer is generally believed _____. A. to be based on inactive life style B. to be due to anxiety
C. to result from environmental influences D. to be caused by heavy smoking 46. It can be inferred from the passage that the writer’s opinion about the relationship between cancer and environment is _____. A. positive B. negative C. neutral D. approving
47. According to the passage, the writer seems to feel that _____. A. the risk of catching cancer is on the rise B. the whole earth is coming to seem like a huge carcinogen C. the risk of catching cancer isn’t so great as people think D. cancer can be cured if the environment is cleaned up 48. Which of the following would be the best title for the passage? A. Cancer and Environment C. Data on Cancer Incidence C B. The Fear Caused by Cancers D. Cancer and its Investigation
Consider it the caviar（鱼子酱）of literature: tiny eggs with wonderful taste. Poetry has inspired the human soul for thousands of years and there are those who still treasure its magnificence. If you hear mermaids（美人鱼） singing or feel the wind or see the sun rising in ribbons then you are one of these happy few. Excellence in poetry is mysterious, but a quest（探索） worth pursuing. In our courses, you will learn to control sound, structure, line, word, theme etc. into well-crafted poems and you will improve your precision by experimenting with various timehonored forms. You will also learn how and where to market your work. Level I: Poetry Writing 10-Week Workshop Using a balance of lecture, exercise, and comment on work from the instructor and classmates, this course gives students a firm grounding in all the basics of poetry writing. ★ Write two-six poems ★ Lectures on basics of poetry craft ★ Writing exercises ★ Present work for critique（评论）(two times) Poetry for beginners or anyone who wants to brush up on the fundamentals Online Classes Registration Fee: $25 Tuition: $395. Returning Students $365. Each class strictly limited to 16 students, aged 18 and up. ★ You can still enroll in this class! Advanced: Poetry Writing 10-Week Workshop Focusing on developing projects and receiving comment from the instructor and classmates, this course helps students sharpen their skills and work toward completion of publishable work. Begin or refine two-six poems. ★ Lectures that expand on basics of poetry craft ★ Writing exercises ★ Present work for in-depth critique (two times) Online Classes Registration Fee: $ 25 Tuition: $395. Returning Students: $365. Each class strictly limited to 14 students, aged 18 and up. ★ You can still enroll in this class! 49. You learn the following on Poetry Writing Classes Online EXCEPT ______.
A. why it's worth seeking excellence in poetry B. where you can sell your poems C. how to write a well-crafted poem D. how to sharpen your skills in poetry 50. If you rejoin the online poetry writing classes, you should pay ______. A. $390 B. $410 C. $395 D. $365
51. In Advanced Poetry Writing Class, you are asked to ______. A. lay steady foundations for the basis of poetry writing B. hand in your poems getting ready for publication C. make comments on the work of your classmates D. give some lectures on basics of poetry craft 52. The passage is most probably from a ______. A. newspaper advertisement C. scientific magazine D High-quality customer service is preached（宣扬）by many, but actually keeping customers happy is easier said than done. Shoppers seldom complain to the manager or owner of a retail store（零售店）, but instead will warn their friends, relatives, co-workers, strangers and anyone who will listen. Store managers are often the last to hear complaints. ―Storytelling hurts retailers and entertains consumers,‖ said Paula Courtney, President of the Verde group. ―The store loses the customer, but the shopper must also find a replacement.‖ The most common complaints include filled parking lots, cluttered（塞满了的）shelves, overloaded racks, out-of-stock items, long check-out lines, and rude sales people. During peak shopping hours, some retailers solved the parking problems by getting moonlighting local police to work as parking attendants to direct customers to empty parking spaces. Retailers can relieve the headaches by redesigning store display, pre-stocking sales items, hiring speedy and experienced cashiers, and having sales representatives on hand to answer questions. Most importantly, sales people should be skillful and polite with angry customers. ―Retailers who’re enthusiastic and friendly are more likely to smooth over issues than those who aren’t so friendly.‖ said Professor Stephen Hoch. ―Maybe something as a greeter at the store entrance would help.‖ Customers can also improve future shopping experiences by filing complaints to the retailer, instead of complaining to the rest of the world. Retailers are hard-pressed to improve when they have no idea what is wrong. B. book review D. news report
53. Why are store managers often the last to hear complaints? A. Most shoppers won’t complain even if they have had unhappy experiences. B. Shoppers would rather tell their unhappy experiences to people around them. C. Few customers believe the service will be improved after their complaints. D. It is difficult for customers to have easy access to store mangers. 54. What does Paula Courtney imply by saying the underlined sentence in paragraph 2? A. New customers are sure to replace old ones. B. It is not likely the shopper can find the same products in other stores. C. The same products can be bought in other retail stores. D. Not complaining to the manager causes the shopper some trouble too. 55. What contributes most to smoothing over issues with customers? A. Manners of the salespeople. C. Huge supply of goods for sale. B. Hiring of efficient employees. D. Design of the store display.
56. To achieve better shopping experiences, customers are advised to ______. A. put pressure on stores to improve their service B. settle their disagreements with stores in a friendly way C. voice their dissatisfaction to store managers directly D. shop around and make comparisons between stores E American beekeeping operations have been hit hard by what scientists call colony collapse disorder(C.C.D.). Almost half of their worker bees have disappeared during the past season. C.C.D. has also been reported in Israel, Europe and South America. Bees fly away from the hive and never return. Sometimes they are found dead; other times they are never found. Many crops and trees depend on pollination （授粉） by bees to help them grow. A new report says virus may be at least partly responsible for the disorder in honey bee colonies in the United States. This virus is called Israeli acute paralysis virus. It was first identified in Israel in 2004. Ian Lipkin at Columbia University in New York and a team reported the new findings in Science magazine. Doctor Lipkin says the virus may not be the only cause. He says it may work with other causes to produce the collapse disorder. The team found the virus in colonies with the help of a map of honey bee genes that was published last year. They examined thirty colonies affected by the disorder. They found evidence of the virus in twenty–five of them, and in one healthy colony. The next step is further testing of healthy hives.
The researchers suggested that the United States may have imported the disorder in bees from Australia. They say the bees may carry the virus but not be affected. The idea is that unlike many American bees, the ability of Australian bees to fight disease has not been hurt by the varroa mite（全球性的蜂虱）. This insect attacks honey bees, which could make the disorder more likely to affect a hive. Australian bee producers reject these suspicions. And some researchers suspect that bee production in the United States is down mainly because of the weather. Honey bees gather nectar（花蜜） from flowers and trees. The sweet liquid gives them food and material to make honey. But cold weather this spring in the Midwest reduced the flow of nectar in many flowers. Many bees may have starved. Dry weather in areas of the country could also be playing a part. Wayne Esaias is a NASA space agency scientist who keeps bees in his free time. He lives in central Maryland, where he has found that flowers are blooming a month earlier than they did in 1970, which may be partly responsible for the disorder. Wayne Esaias is organizing a group of beekeepers to document nectar flow around the country. 57. The researchers found the virus ______. A. with the help of colony collapse disorder B. by researching the causes of bee death C. with the help of a map of honey bee genes D. with the help of a scientist of NASA 58. What is the passage mainly about? A. American beekeeping industry has been strongly influenced by the bee disorder. B. Studies are being carried out on the causes of the bee disorder, but questions remain. C. How the causes of the bee disorder in U.S have been found. D. The bee production in U.S is down because of Israeli acute paralysis virus. 59. How many possibilities may be involved in the bee disorder according to the passage? A. Three. B. Four. C. Five. D. Six.
60. We can infer from the passage that ______. A. Israeli acute paralysis virus should be responsible for the disorder B. the solution to the bee disorder will be found eventually C. American bees are more likely to defend themselves than Australian bees D. the crop and plant production in U.S may be influenced by the bee disorder 第二节 根据对话内容，从对话后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并将答案填涂在二卷对 应位置（否则不予给分） ，选项中有两项多余选项。 （共五小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）A: Advance Reservations．Can I help you? B: 61
A: Yes, we do have a single room available for those dates． B: What is the rate, please? A: The current rate is $50 per night． B: 62 ． A: For $50 you will have a radio, a color television, a telephone and a major internatioal newspaper delivered to your room every day． B: That sounds not bad at all．I’ll take it． A: 63 ． B: Yes, it is Charlson． A: How do you spell it, please? B: It’s C-H-A-R-L-S-O-N． A: C-H-A-R-L-S-O-N． 64 ． B: （010）888-1000．By the way, I’d like a quiet room away from the street if that is possible． A: 65 ．OK．We look forward to your visit． B: Thank you and good-bye． A: Good-bye． A. What services come with that? B. A quiet room away from the street is preferred． C. Do you have a single room with a bath for October 5? D. What about your telephone number? E. Yes, I’d like to book a single room with a bath from the afternoon of October 4 to the morning of October 10． F. Sorry, I forgot your telephone number． G. Very good．Could you tell me your name, sir, please?
第Ⅱ 卷（非选择题，共 50 分） 补全对话： 61. _____ 62. _____ 63. _____ 64. _____ 65. _____ 第三部分 写作(共两节，共 50 分) 第一节 短文改错(共 l0 小题；每小题 l.5 分，满分 l5 分)
此题要求改正所给短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行作出判断：如无错误，在该行右边横线上 画一个勾(√)；如有错误(每行只有一个错误)，则按下列情况改正： 此行多一个词：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉，在该行右边横线上写出该词，并也用斜线划掉。 此行缺一个词：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧ )，在该行右边横线上写出该加的词。 此行错一个词：在错的词下划一横线，在该行右边横线上写出改正后的词。 注意：原行没有错的不要改。 Dear Hou Ting, I am sorry that maths disappoint you, but you can’t give it up. As you say, it is one of the most important subject and there is a reason for this. We have to use maths from all the time. Wherever your career takes you, maths will have to be using. In fact , most employers and universities will accept people who have failed or given up maths. All you can do is try your best in maths and make the most use of time you had. If you have trouble understand anything, the first person you should tell is your teacher. That is often surprising how simple things seem when you are explained properly — even maths problems! 第二节 书面表达（满分 35 分） 目前，父母对孩子的生活、学习等方面包办现象非常普遍。请你描述这一现象以及带来的弊端， 根据提示用英语写一篇短文。 1．分析该现象的原因； 2．你的建议（至少两方面 ） 注意： 1．词数 100 左右。 2．可适当增加细节。 66. _____ 67. _____ 68. _____ 69. _____ 70. _____ 71. _____ 72. _____ 73. _____ 74. _____ 75. _____
Today in China, _____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________ ____________________ 成都市石室中学高 2012 级三诊模拟考试 答案 1-5BDBCC 6-10BABBD 11-15DBCCB 16-20ACCDA 31-35 CCDAC 36-40 BADCB 57-60 CBAD
21-25 DBBCA 26-30 BDDAB
41-44DBBA 45-48CBCA 49-52AACA 53-56 CDBC
61---65 EAGDB 短文改错： 66. disappoint - disappoints 67. subject - subjects 69. using - used 72. had - have 75. you - they 范文 Today in China, it’s not surprising that children get too much attention and some parents nearly do everything for their children. Gradually, some of them get used to depending on their parents and lack the ability to solve problems independently. It’s believed that the increasing number of single-child families under the Family Policy accounts for this phenomenon. To solve this problem, I suggest parents act as a guide to give children a right direction and other things are left to children because it is too much love that makes the children’s inability. As for children, they should do everything they can by themselves instead of waiting to get things done for no parents can accompany them forever. Only an independent person can live and succeed in this world. 68. 去掉 from
70. will 后加 not 或 will – won’t 71.正确 73. understand - understanding 74.That - It