高中英语人教版课件 必修3 Unit 1 Period 3 Grammar_图文
Unit 1 Festivals around the world
Period 3 Grammar
1、掌握本课重点语法 —— 情态动词。
首先通过课本上的内容famous quotes引导学生猜最恰当 的翻译，要求在翻译时尽量做到“信、达、雅”，然后用一 段Listening ---- Steps to Happiness 引出本课要讲的语 法即情态动词，在本环节的设计上，采用“以点带面”的方 式，先由课文中的带有情态动词的句子，边展示边做提示； 接着进行情态动词的分组讲解，并用高考题进行练习，让学 2 生明白考点就在身边。同时结合课本中的相关练习进行巩固 学习效果。 为了进一步提高学生学习的主动性，准备了三个话题让 3 学生进行speaking的练习。
1. Don’t look forward to the day you stop suffering because
when it comes you know you’ll be dead. 生于忧患，死于安乐 2. A dog starving at his master’s gate predicts the ruin of the state. 树死先从叶子黄 2 3. I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one
3 closed by custom.
4.Gather your rosebuds while you may, old time is still a-flying, and this same flower that smiles today, tomorrow will be dying. 有花堪折直须折，莫待无花空折枝 2 5.However big the fool，there is always a bigger fool to admire him.
6.Belief , then, is the great guide of human life. 信仰是生活的向导
7.Other people’s harvests are always the best harvests, but one’s 2 always the best children. own children are
8. There is no feast on earth that does not end in parting . 天下无不散之筵席
9. Everyone has some tricks they can do ,but each has his own way of doing them. 八仙过海，各有所长 2 10. Those who can lose shall gain; those who wish for gain shall lose. 3 输得起，才会赢；只想赢，就会输
Write down all the Model Verbs mentioned in the passage.
Steps to happiness
Sentences in reading
1. In European countries ,people will usually decorate churches and town halls. 2. Most ancient festivals would celebrate the end of 3 cold weather ….
3. Sometimes celebrations would be held after hunters had caught animals .
4. At that time people would starve if food was difficult to find.
5. For the3Japanese festival Obon , people should go to clean graves….
1. It is now a children’s festival, when they can dress up and go …. 2. Festivals can also be held to honor famous people … 3. Harvest and Thanksgiving festivals can be 3 very happy events .
1. At the Spring Festival in China , people …may give children lucky money in red paper.
2. … or to satisfy the ancestors , who might return 3 either to help or to do harm.
3. Some people might win awards for their farm produce…. 4. … the children might play a trick on them . 5. These carnivals might include parades, dancing 2 in the streets …. 6. The country …looks as though it might be covered3with pink snow.
Who can help me?
1.can & could He can/could speak English.(ability) Can he come here on time?(possibility) Could you please tell me the way to the 2 park?(request) You can’t 3 go there alone.(permission)
2. may &might May I come in ? (permission or request) Jenny is not here . She might be in the office.(possibility) 2
3. will & would Would you like some tea?(request) On weekends we will get together and drink coffee. (present habit) When he was young, he would swim in the river in summer.(past habit) 2 During Thanksgiving Day the family members 3 will come back home and eat dinner together.(promise or prediction)
4. shall& should We shall be there on time.(promise) You should apologize to you teacher for being late.(advice) 2
I think he should on the way.(prediction)
You shall not smoke here.(warning)
5. must & can’t Wang Feng wins an award every year. He must win next year. (prediction) You must be joking. That can’t be true.(guessing) You must3be careful when crossing the
street.(advice or necessity)
(15陕西）21. You feel all the training a waste of time, but I’m a hundred percent sure later you’ll be grateful you did it. A. should B. need C. shall D. may 2 （15重庆）12. You ____ be Carol. You haven’t changed a 3 bit after all these years. A. must B. can C. will D. shall
(2014北京卷)27. ______ I have a word with you? It won’t take long. A. Can B. Must C. Shall D. Should (2014四川卷)6. I still remember my happy 2 childhood when my mother ______ take me to Disneyland3at weekends. A. might B. must C. would D. should
Keys to Exercise 2 1. ability, ability, permission, possibility, request 2. permission or request, possibility 3. promise or prediction, past habit, 2 request 4. promise, advice prediction 3 5. advice or necessity, guessing, guessing
You want to invite your friend to come to a party.
You want to be a doctor , so you ask your teacher about what subjects to study.
1. Finish off the Exercises in Workbook. 2. Ask the Ss to check themselves if they have grasped Modal Verbs. 3. Practice conversations in Listening &speaking. 2 4. Preview the reading ----- A sad love story.