株洲市二中 2013 年高中新生综合素质测试
英 语 试 卷
本卷共 80 小题，时量 90 分钟，满分 150 分 试卷总页 7 页
I. 听力 （共 30 分） 第一节：听力理解（共 16 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 24 分） 听下面 9 段对话。每段对话后有一个或一个以上小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试题卷的相应位置。听每段对话前，你将有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各 小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话读两遍。 听下面一段对话，回答第 1 小题。 1.Where does the conversation probably take place？ A. At a restaurant B. In a hotel C. In a grocer’s 听下面一段对话，回答第 2 小题。 2.Why did the woman quit her job？ A. It took her too much time to get to work B. She had to save money for her journey C. She didn’t like the company she worked for 听下面一段对话，回答第 3 小题。 3.What is the probable relationship between the speakers？ A. Policeman and thief B. Policeman and driver C. Teacher and student 听下面一段对话，回答第 4 小题。 4. What does the man mean？ A. The woman should lose 10 pounds B. The woman should gain 5 pounds C. The woman should not worry 听下面一段对话，回答第 1 小题。 5.What time it is now？ A. 10:40 B. 11:00 C. 11:20 听下面一段对话，回答第 6 至第 7 两个小题。 6.What does the woman want to do？ A. change an appointment B. cancel an appointment C. make an appointment 7.Why will the woman call next week？ A. She is away all week B. She will ask her secretary first C. She has not brought her schedule with her 听下面一段对话，回答第 8 至第 10 三个小题。 8.What sport does the woman like best？ A. Baseball B. Basketball C. Volleyball 9.What can we learn about the man？ A. He doesn’t like basketball. B. His favorite sport is volleyball . C. He loves running, swimming and riding his bike. 10.What do we know about the woman’s team？ A. They never win B. They are well-known C. They often play in the city
株洲二中高新综合素质测试英语试卷 第1页 共7页
听下面一段对话，回答第 11 至第 13 三个小题。 11.How much should the speakers pay if they order lunch from Lunch Box？ A. $300 B. $280 C. $260 12.Which of the following food does Rainbow Caféoffer ？ A. Bacon sandwiches B. Cabbages C. Potatoes 13.What is the telephone number of Lunch Box？ A. 875-1395 B. 857-3195 C. 857-1395 听下面一段对话，回答第 14 至第 16 三个小题。 14.According to the woman, where did she lose her wallet？ A. On her way to the theater B. On her way home C. In the theater 15. What did the wallet contain? A. Money, visa and identity cards. B. Photos, cellphone and money C. Money, student card and photos 16. Who probably helped to find the wallet? A. The China Daily staff. B. The man’s uncle. C. The man himself 第二节：笔录要点（共 4 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 6 分） 听下面一段材料，将第 17 至 20 小题的信息补充完整，每小题不超过 3 个单词。听材料前，你将有时间 阅读各小题，每小题 5 秒种；听完后，各小题将给出 15 秒钟的作答时间。本段材料读两遍。 Tips on children’s healthy eating At home At school In a restaurant In closing Avoid keeping Choose 19 17 in your fridge 18 .
Tell your children what food is good for their and milk instead of soda 20 Avoid trying to change your children’s
in a short time.
II．单项选择（共 15 小题；每小题 2 分, 满分 30 分） 21. We all think _______necessary to buy a dictionary for English learning. A. there B. this C. that 22. Most of us hate people ________ talk much but do little. A. whom B. whose C. which A. and 24. Smile is B. but C. or D. it D. who D. if
23. I know that the problems are difficult, ______I don’t agree that they cannot be solved. attitude（态度）to life and can help us to get closer to others.
A. a B. an C. the D.\ 25. I am glad ________that you are going to have many adventures in Africa, A. hear B. hearing C. heard D. to hear 26. —Joan, what ______ in your hand? —Look! It’s a birthday gift for my grandpa. A. had you held B. have you held C. do you hold D. are you holding 27. I knew that ______ would ever stop him; he would never give up wanting to be a scientist. A. something B. everything C. nothing D. anything 28. Braille, a language for blind people, __________by a Frenchman in 1824. A. was invented B. is invented C. invented D. invents
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
29. A computer_______ think for itself, it must be told what to do. A. can’t B. couldn’t C. may not A. feel A. are made B. to feel B. will make C. felt C. will be made
D. might not D. feeling D. were made
30. Do you wake up every morning ______ energetic and ready to start a new day? 31. In the near future, more changes in the robot technology ______ by scientists. 32. —Are you going to take part in the speech contest? —________. It’s too good an opportunity to miss. A. No problem! B. That’s for sure. C. Why me? B. where she put his ticket D. So what? 33. Bob asked his sister _______. A. where did she put his ticket C. where was she putting his ticket D. where will she put his ticket 34. —Sarah! Turn down the radio please, _______? —Oh sorry. I am not noticing you are reading here. A. doesn’t she B. aren’t you C. will you D. can’t you 35. ——What do you think of the film “Transformer”《变形金刚》? ——Oh, wonderful. It couldn’t be _______. A. so good B. any more C. any worse D. any better
III 完形填空（每空 1.5 分，共 30 分） 第一节 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从 36--47 各题所给的 A、B、C 和 D 项中，选出最佳选项。 (共 12 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 18 分) Dear Kate, It is very exciting that you are coming to our school so soon. what our school life is like. Our school is quite famous for its long history. It was 38 help. Though we pay a lot of attention to how 39 40 37 in the early 1920s. It is a good place where we do in lessons, getting high scores is not the new ideas and ask questions. With their help we 41 any school clubs 42 we can prepare ourselves well for the future. We have many wonderful teachers who are always ready to only reason to study. The teachers encourage us to 36 you arrive, let me introduce to you
have developed all kinds of interests in both Arts and Science. Students can choose to
they are interested in. We can also choose the subjects that we want to study. Last term I chose American Literature, because I wanted to learn about famous American writers. This term I chose to attend classes because my father bought me a piano_ 43__ a birthday present. 44 , I was elected monitor of my class. Sometimes it can be 45 to be a monitor, because I have to do a lot of work and attend many meetings. However, being a monitor has taught me a lot, such as caring for others and taking responsibilities and so on. When my class was given the title of “Model Class”, I was prouder than ever before. So being a monitor with my work. I love my school and hope that you will have a pleasant experience here too. I am looking forward to 47 you soon. B .After B. found B. ask B. well B. try out C. Before C. founded C. want C. bad C. give up D. As soon as D. find D. offer D. hard D. give in
an important part in my school life .I’m very pleased
36. A. When 37. A. finding 38. A. need 39. A. good 40. A. try on
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
41. A. join 42. A. art 43. A. as 44. A. On the way 45. A. exciting 46. A. plays 47. A. visiting 第二节
B. attend B. music B. for B. In the way B. tiring B. takes B. comforting
C. join in C. cooking C. by C. By the way C. interesting C. makes C. meeting
D. take part in D. dance D .with D. By way of D. surprising D. acts D. hearing
语法填空(共 8 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 12 分)
阅读下面短文， 按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求， 在空格处填入一个适当的词. 并将答 案填写在答题卡的相应位置上。 Hi, dear boys and girls! Do you know follow. First, eat different foods, especially fruit and vegetables. You may have a favorite food, but you'd needs. 50 choice. 51 , drink water and milk as often as possible. When you're really thirsty, cold water is the No.l is a great drink that can give you more calcium (钙) your body needs to grow strong bones . 52 much will not make you feel 49 eat something different. If you eat different foods, you will probably get more nutrients (营养物质) your body 48 to be a healthy kid? Here are some rules you should
Third, listen to your body. How do you feel when you are full? When you are eating, notice how your body feels and when your stomach feels comfortably full. Eating comfortable and make you fat. Fourth, limit (限制) screen time. Screen time is the time you watch TV, DVDs and videos, or using computers. It is good to take more exercise such as basketball, bike riding and swimming. watch TV for more than two hours a day. Fifth, be active. One thing you'd like to do as a kid is to find ways to be active every day. Follow these rules 55 you can be a healthy kid. 54 which activity you like best. Find 53 can't
IV.阅读理解（每题 2 分，共 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从 A、B、C、D 四个选项中选择能回答每个问题的最佳答案。 A It is no surprise that more and more people like bicycling, because it is fun, healthy and good. Maybe that's why there are 1.4 billion bicycles and only 400 million cars on roads worldwide today, Bikes can take you almost anywhere, and there is no oil cost. Get on a bicycle and ride around your neighborhood. You may discover something new all around you. Stopping and getting off a bike is easier than stopping and getting out of your car. You can bike to work and benefit from the enjoyable exercise without polluting the environment. You don't even have to ride all the way. Folding bikes work well for people who ride the train. Just fold the bike and take it with you. You can do the same on an airplane. A folding bike can be packed in a suitcase. You can also take a common bike with you when you fly. But be sure to look for information by getting on airline websites. Not all airlines are bicycle-friendly to travelers. Health Benefits of Bicycling: It helps to prevent heart diseases and control your weight. A 15-minute bike ride to and from work three times a week burns off five kilos of fat a year. Bicycling can improve your mood.
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷 第4页 共7页
Exercise like bicycling has been shown to make people feel better, more relaxed and self-confident. Bicycling is healthier than driving. 56. From the passage, we know that bicycling is becoming very _______. A. surprising B. exciting C. expensive D. popular 57. When you are riding your bicycle around your neighborhood, you may ______. A. pollute the environment around B. find something you didn't notice C. go everywhere and use a little oil D. get off your bike and begin to work 58. If you travel with a folding bike, you can fold it and _______. A. get out of the car B. take it onto a train C. put it in your purse D. go on airline websites 59. One of the benefits of bicycling is that ______. A. you can fold the bicycle B. you will be friendly to others C. you will be more relaxed D. you may get fatter and fatter 60. Which of the following is true according to the passage? A. Bicycling is an enjoyable exercise for people. B. Driving cars is healthier than riding bikes. C. Riding a bike pollutes your neighborhood. D. Common bikes are welcomed by all airlines. B Some schools in the United States offer Chinese language classes with government support from China. Saint Mary’s School is a private college preparatory school in Medford, Oregon. Carly Irvine is in her fourth year of learning Mandarin. CARLY IRVINE: “Since China and America are working so closely and our relationship is growing more and more, I think it will be very important in the future to know Chinese.” Saint Mary’s also teaches Spanish, German and Latin. It added Mandarin in two thousand five. Two years ago, it became the first school in the country to join the Confucius Classroom program. The program pays about half the costs of a teacher sent to a school in the United States. China’s Education Ministry also provides books and other materials. Saint Mary’s principal, Frank Phillips, says knowing Chinese will help students in a world where China is quickly gaining economic power. Zheng Ling, a teacher at Saint Mary’s, came from China in two thousand eight. ZHENG LING: “People do not know much about China, especially the latest development. So I think this is a chance for them to know more about China, what China is really like. It’s quite different from what it was thirty years ago.” The Confucius Classroom program is in about forty countries, including more than fifty American schools and universities. A recent report said more schools in the United States are teaching Chinese and Arabic, although the numbers are still low. 61. How many American schools and universities have the Confucius Classroom program? A. 4. B. 20. C. 40. D. 50. 62. Which of the following is true about Saint Mary’s School? A. It is a public college preparatory school. B. It added Mandarin in two thousand six. C. It became the first school in America to join the Confucius Classroom program. D. It also teaches Spanish, German and French.
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷 第5页 共7页
63. How does Carly Irvine think learning Chinese? A. Helpful. B. Useless. C. Unnecessary. D. Terrible. 64. What’s the passage mainly about? A. Some US Students Learn Mandarin with China’s Help. B. China is quickly gaining economic power. C. Saint Mary’s School. D. Carly Irvine. 65. What can we infer from the article? A. It is hard to learn Chinese. B. China is still very poor as it was thirty years ago. C. Many Chinese teachers are teaching Chinese in foreign courtiers. D. The image of Confucius is more and more popular in the world. C First Frenchman: I once heard someone shout," Look out." I put my head out of a window and a bucket of water fell on me. It seems that "Look out." may mean "Don't look out." Second Frenchman: I was once on a ship and heard the captain shout. "All hands on deck." I put my hands on the deck but someone still walked on the deck. Then I saw some sailors get together. Third Frenchman: I once went early in the morning to the doctor's and his nurse came to the door and said, "He's not up yet. Come back in half an hour." When I went a second time, she said, "He's not down yet." I had to go away again. Later I thought the doctor should be in the house in the evening, so I went there once more. "Oh, how sorry I am! He's not in! I'd better tell him to wait for you if you come tomorrow." said the nurse. "Well! He's not up, he is not down, and he is not in. Please tell me where he stays!" I said angrily. She said, "He's still in bed. When I say, 'He's not up.', I mean 'He has not yet got up.'; when I say 'He's not down.', I mean 'He has not yet come downstairs.'" 66. What does the underlined sentences " Look out." mean? A. Put your head out. B. Take care. C. Hurry up. D. Help me. 67. When the captain shouted, "All hands on deck." he meant that "________." A. Put your both hands on deck B. Put up your hands C. Give your hands to me D. All the sailors on deck 68. The nurse's words "He's not up yet." meant that " _________ ." A. The doctor has not stood up yet B. The doctor has not yet got up C. The doctor has not woken up yet D. The doctor has not yet come downstairs 69. When the third Frenchman went back for the second time, the doctor was _____ . A. still in an upstairs room B. reading C. having his breakfast D. washing himself 70. Which do you think is the best title for the passage? A. Three Frenchmen B. Three French Stories C. How Surprising a Language Is! D. The English Language V 写作技能（共 30 分） 第一节 信息摘录 阅读下面短文，根据内容填空。 每空不超过 3 个单词。 （10 分） Every day, in all kinds of weather, a lot of men and women go jogging (running slowly). Why has jogging become so popular? Most people start jogging because they hear it is a very good form of exercise. Jogging makes the heart strong and helps people control their weight or stay slim. If you keep jogging regularly, you
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷 第6页 共7页
needn’t take pills or skip meals to lose weight. Jogging can also make you feel better about yourself. Donald Robbins is 42 years old and works in an office. He began jogging a few years ago because he felt he was overweight. At first he could only run about 300 meters, but now he can run a marathon---over 42 kilometers. Do you want to jog? If you do, you can expect a wonderful result. Title: 71 Jogging has become very popular, and a lot of people join in it. ☆Reason: a very good form of 72 ☆Benefits: ★ making the heart strong ★ 73 people control their weight or stay slim ★ making you feel better about yourself ☆Example: 74 , a 42-year old man, began jogging a few years ago. Now he can run a marathon. ☆Conclusion: Go jogging and you can expect 75 . 第二节 双向翻译（共 5 小题：每小题 4 分，满分 20 分） 请根据上下文内容，将文中划线部分的句子译成汉语或英语。 76.Great changes have taken place in the way of communication in people’s life in recent years. In the past, people kept in touch with each other mainly by writing letters or using the public telephone. 77.而现在几 乎人人都有自己的手机。They are convenient for our life. 78. people can communicate with each other almost at any place and at any time. What’s more, people have easy access to the Internet, which enables them to send and receive e-mails whenever they like. With these changes, people’s pace of life has been quickened and people’s work has been made more efficient. 79.过去彼此收到来信需要好几天，but now it takes only several minutes, even if they are in two different continents.80. In a word, people have an easier life nowadays.
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
— –—— – — – — –– — – — – — 密 — – — – — – — – — – — – — – — – 封 — – — – — – — – — – — – — – — – 线 — – — – — – —– — – —— – — – —
株洲市二中 2013 年高中新生综合素质测试
☆请考生注意，务必将所选的答案选项涂黑，请勿打勾或画圈。 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 A B C 21 A B C D 36 A B A B C A B C A B C 24 A B C D 39 A B C D 59 A B C D A B C 25 A B C D 40 A B C D 60 A B C D A B C 26 A B C D 41 A B C D 61 A B C D A B C 27 A B C D 42 A B C D 62 A B C D A B C 28 A B C D 43 A B C D 63 A B C D A B C 29 A B C D 44 A B C D 64 A B C D A B C 30 A B C D 45 A B C D 65 A B C D A B C 31 A B C D 46 A B C D 66 A B C D A B C 32 A B C D 47 A B C D 67 A B C D 52.____________ 54.____________ 68 A B C D 69 A B C D 70 A B C D 53.______________ 55.______________ A B C 33 A B C D A B C 34 A B C D A B C 35 A B C D 49.______________ 51.______________ 16 A B C 17.___________________ 18._____________ 19_____________ 20._____________ __ __ __
22 23 A B C D A B C D
37 38 A B C D A B C D
–— – — – — –
C D A B C D
57 58 A B C D A B C D
V．信息摘录 71. 74. ___________________ 72. 75.________________ 73.
VI． 双向翻译 76．______________________________________________________________ 77. _______________________________________________________________ 78. _______________________________________________________________ 79.________________________________________________________________ 80.________________________________________________________________
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
株洲市二中 2013 年高中新生综合素质测试
1-5 BABCA 17. junk food 21—25 DDBBD 36-- 40 CCDBB 48. how 52. too 49. better 53.You 6-10 BCACA 11-15 BACCA 16. B 18. health 19. fruit 20. eating habits 26—30DCAAD 41—45 ABACB 50. Second 54. out 31—35 CBBCD 46—47 AC 51. Milk 55.and BDBAC
71. Jogging 72. exercise 73. helping 74. Donald Robbins 75. a wonderful result 76. 近年来人们生活中的沟通方式发生了很大的变化。 77. But nowadays almost everyone has his own mobile phone. 78. 人们随时随地都能互相联系。 79. In the past it took several days to hear from each other. / It used to take several days to hear from each other. 80. 总而言之，人们现在过着更为轻松的生活。
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
株洲市二中 2013 年高新综合素质测试英语试卷
第 10 页